- A NOTE TO USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
Please note that the Sites are directed towards users who reside in the United States. By using the Sites, you consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information in and to the United States, or other countries and territories, pursuant to the laws of the United States. While some of these countries may not offer the same level of privacy protection as your own, we commit to uphold the privacy protections as explained in this Policy.
- TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT
You generally are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit the Sites. However, we may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you access various content or features, submit information to us, or directly contact us with questions or feedback:
- Contact information, such as name and e-mail address;
- Demographic information, such as gender;
- Geolocation information;
- Job applications, including resumes, cover letters, and references;
- Correspondence and other information that you send to us; and
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Sites, including:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the Sites;
- Pages you view and links you click on within the Sites;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies;
- Information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were received, opened, or forwarded; and
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies;
- USE OF YOUR DATA
Portola uses your personal information for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Sites or in connection with our Sites. For example we may use your information in the following ways:
- operate and improve our Sites, products, information, and services;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Sites, products, and services;
- process employment applications;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide and deliver products, information, and services you request;
- send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about upcoming events and news about products, information and services offered by Portola and our selected partners;
- ink or combine with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity; and
- as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Sites, fulfill orders, provide products and services, manage databases; perform analyses, provide customer service, or send communications for us).
- Business Transfer: If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, a business reorganization, or similar event, we may transfer your information as part of such transaction.
- Other Parties with Your Express or Implied Consent: We may share information with third parties when you consent to such sharing.
- Aggregate Information: We may share aggregate information, such as demographic and usage statistics, with other organizations. In addition, we may allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies to collect information through the Sites. For example, like many website operators, we may use Google Analytics to learn more about how visitors interact with our Sites. You understand that when you use the Sites, these analytics providers may collect information related to your use of the Sites.
- YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may periodically send you e-mails that directly promote the use of our site or our products. If you receive promotional emails from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly at or contact information below. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. You may also request changes or updates to your personal information by sending a request at our contact information below. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies used on our Sites. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Despite these measures, you should know that Portola cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information and mistakes may happen.
- CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY
The Sites are directed to a general audience. The Sites do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13 without prior parental consent, except as permitted by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If we learn that we have collected personal information from a user under 13, we will promptly delete personal information collected from that user.
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
We do not share information that we collect with third parties for the third party’s direct marketing purposes. Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, we currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a final standard is established and accepted, we will reassess how to respond to these signals. In some cases, third parties may be able to collect information about a user’s online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses our Sites.
- SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICES
Portola may work with certain third-party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through our Sites. For example, you can use third-party social networking services, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and others to share information about your experience on our Sites with your friends and followers on those social networking services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Sites. These third-party social networking services also may notify your friends, both on our Sites and on the social networking services themselves, that you are a user of our Sites or about your use of our Sites, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies. If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services.
- CONTACT INFORMATION
Portola welcomes your comments or questions regarding this Policy. Please e-mail us at email@example.com or contact us at the following address or phone number:Portola Pharmaceuticals, Inc.Attn: Compliance Officer270 E. Grand Ave.South San Francisco, CA 94080650-246-7000
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This Policy is subject to occasional revision, and if we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information, we will notify you by prominently posting notice of the changes on our website.